The latest installment in the One-Bowl Cake series. This one is great for breakfast, or for any dessert.
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk (or buttermilk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350°.
Coat a 9-inch round springform pan with vegetable oil or butter.
Put the melted butter in a mixing bowl. Add granulated sugar, stirring with a whisk. Add eggs, 1 at a time; stir well each time. Stir in milk, extracts and flour; stir well.
Lightly spoon 1 1/2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add flour, stirring just until blended (do not overstir).
Stir in blueberries and almonds. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into wedges.