- 4 strips of thick bacon, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- 28 oz canned diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 bottle Guinness beer
- 2 15 oz can kidney beans
- 2 15 oz can garbanzo beans
- red onions, cheddar, cilantro
In a large pot, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until almost crisp. Add the ground beef, onions, garlic, and chili powder. Remove the seeds of the chipotle pepper, dice it, and add it to the pot, along with some adobo sauce.
Once the ground beef is fully cooked, add the tomatoes and beer. Give it a good stir. Bring the pot to a boil, and then reduce the heat to a simmer until the liquid is almost fully absorbed, about 30 minutes.
Drain the beans and add them to the pot. Once the beans are warm, you're ready to go!
Serve with diced red onions, grated cheddar, and cilantro.