These are basically blondies with a hint of bittersweet cocoa powder and cinnamon. They're laced with chocolate chips and topped with the hot cocoa/marshmallow edition of Three Musketeers bars. They're great warm with some vanilla ice cream. Or, you know, any other way.
- 1/2 C butter
- 1-1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/4 C milk
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 T bittersweet cocoa powder (i used hershey's special dark cocoa--it's surprisingly good.)
- 1-2/3 C flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- optional: a handful or more of bite-sized 3 musketeers, cut in two (I used the hot-cocoa-and-marshmallow version).
- aspirational: also add some marshmallows along with the chocolate chips!
1. Heat oven to 350. Lightly grease an 8-inch square with canola oil.
2. Beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, milk and vanilla, beat until blended. Add flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda and salt, beat until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Spread batter into prepared pan. Press the remaining 3 musketeers pieces into the top. Bake for roughly 30 minutes.