- * 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken legs and/or drumsticks
- * 2 tablespoons peanut or safflower oil
- * 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- * 1 -inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 3 tablespoons honey
- * 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
Pat the chicken dry and place in the roasting pan.
In a small bowl, mix together the oil, five-spice powder, ginger root and salt. Brush the mixture evenly over the top of the chicken and roast for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the honey and soy sauce, stirring until combined. Remove from the heat.
Brush the honey-soy mixture over the chicken, return it to the oven and roast until the chicken shows no trace of pink and the skin is crisp and golden. Serve immediately.