Kesar Phirni is a simple dish, that makes for a perfect dessert to serve on your special occasions and we bet your guests will love this delicious recipe. What's more, this hearty rice pudding is one to associate with warmth, comfort and winter. Spices drops such as cardamom give it that required warmth that delicious in Indian desserts are known for accentuating the taste and aroma. You can even add fresh fruits to this dessert.
- Soaked Rice -1 Cup (Soak in water for 4 hrs)
- Sugar -1 Cup (or as per taste)
- Cardamom Spice Drop™ - 4 to 5 drops
- Kesar Spice Drop™ - 3ml (Measure Spoon provided)
- Pistachios Chopped -8-10
- Almonds Chopped -8-10
• Bring the milk to a boil in a deep pan.
• Lower the heat and let it simmer till it reduces in volume to 3/4th.
• Grind the soaked rice to a coarse paste.
• Add a little milk to it and mix to make it a little thinner.
• Add the Sugar, Kesar Spice Drop™ and Cardamom Spice Drop™to the milk and mix well till combined.
• Mix the rice paste and cook well till the mixture thickens.
• Pour into nice bowls and let it cool.
Garnish with chopped nuts serve chilled.