- 1 large or 2 opo squashes (about 5 cups), skinned, seeded and diced
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1" garlic, skinned and sliced thinly
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass, cut in half and split lengthwise
- 3 medium tomatoes, skinned and crushed
- 2 cups chicken stock (I like free range chicken stock from trader joes)
- salt and pepper
In a 4 qt pot over medium high heat add garlic, onions, ginger and oil. Add a bit of salt to help sweat the vegetables. Add the lemongrass. Try not to let the garlic brown. Add crushed tomatoes. Stir a few minutes. Add the chicken stock. Add the squash. Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes or til squash is cooked through. Salt and pepper to taste.
Try not to stir too much as the squash may break down. I like to cover with a lid and turn off the heat and let the residual heat cook the veggies through. This soup tastes better the next day as the lemongrass becomes more prominent.
There are no comments. Be the first to add one.