After a long time testing, changing, re-testing, trialling and tweaking my recipes for the perfect tasty and gooey cookies, I'm finally there! These cookies take no time to make, create little mess and use only 3 ingredients - perfect as a tasty treat or quick after-school dessert.
- 1 medium sized egg
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup nutella
1. Heat the oven at 180°c.
2. Grease a baking tray with butter to prevent cookies from sticking - you can also use non-stick baking sheets.
3. Mix ingredients together in a mixing bowl with wooden spoon.If necessary, add a little more nutella as you go if the mixture is too dry. The mixture is ready when it is all mixed and no lumps of flour are left.
4. With your hands, scoop mixture into 6 or 8 balls, depending on how big you want the cookies or how many people you are serving, and place onto baking tray. Squish them down with your fingers for a rustic look.
5. Put them in the oven and bake for 6 - 8 mins. The longer you bake them, the less chewy and gooey they will be.
6. One reason why I've found it so hard to perfect this recipe is that when you take the cookies out of the oven, they should be initially soft, not hard. This is the mistake I kept making - so when they are taken out, don't fret if they seem too soft or under-baked.
7. Leave on a cooling rack. Serve warm, cold, with ice-cream, whatever! The options are endless.