You can always substitute turkey bacon for a healthier option and for those that don't eat pork.
- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 12 medium)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped celery and tops
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickles and carrots
Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a large Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
In a small bowl, stir in the sour cream, mayonnaise, salt, mustard, cumin, garlic powder and pepper; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bacon, celery, onions and sweet pickles/carrots. Fold in mayonnaise mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.