I looked up "zucchini bread" recipes on the internet and this one had a ton of 5-star reviews on allrecipes so I made it! It's much more like a cake than a bread, which was surprising, but a nice surprise. And, I don't really have loaf pans (well one antique one that is probably poisonous but so cute I keep it) so I did this in two 9" rounds. Also my oven runs hot so I baked mine at more like 350º.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini (next time I'm going to use more, it wasn't zucchini-ish enough for me)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
There are no comments. Be the first to add one.