Photo by Liz Dunn
I love these sauces in jars. You just throw whatever is in the fridge into a saucepan, sautee it up, then dump in the sauce and let it all simmer for 15 minutes or so. YAY.
- 1 eggplant, diced into 1/2" chunks and salted and drained
- 2 green peppers, cut into long thin strips
- 1 cube extra firm tofu, diced into 1/2" cubes
- 1 Anaheim chile, cut into long thin strips
- 1 serrano chile, diced
- 10 boiled & cubed small yellow potatoes
- 2 small spring onions, sliced super super thinly
- 1/2 jar of Maya Kaimal Tikka Masala sauce
first sautee the serrano chile and the onion together over high heat for about 5 minutes, then throw in the tofu.
Once the tofu gets a little golden on at least one side, throw in the rest of the peppers and chiles.
After about 5 minutes, throw in the potatoes.
After 2 minutes, pour in the sauce.
Simmer for 15 minutes.
45 minutes max
I don't know why my photos are always sideways. I take them with my phone, in upright orientation, that is, not tilted left or right. You can see that I'm protesting my inability to rotate pictures on the site by leaving it like this. Torturing you.
How come your photos are always sideways?
I bet this would taste good with some cauliflower and a little chicken. And maybe cashew nuts.