If you're going to make chocolate waffles, but by all means, make chocolate waffles! (That means add chocolate in addition to cocoa. You won't be sorry!) Needless to say, this makes a great dessert.
- 1 cup whole milk or buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Whisk together the milk, egg, butter, oil, salt, and sugar. Sift in the flour, corn starch, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Stir just to combine, taking care not to overwork the batter. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Ladle the batter onto the waffle iron.
Serve warm with powdered sugar.