Photo by hulagun
My friend Robert S. is quite a character with many enjoyable traits, one being he knows a lot about really good food and drink. He also makes a really good Manhattan. This is how he makes this classic whiskey cocktail.
- 2 shots ( or 2 oz.) of a good Rye Bourbon whiskey
- 1 shot (or 1 oz.) Carpano Antica Formula Sweet Vermouth
- A dash of Angostura bitters
- Luxardo or other good marasca-infused cherries for garnish
- 1 orange twist for garnish
Place a cherry or two in a cocktail glass. In a chilled cocktail shaker with a little crushed ice, mix the bourbon, the vermouth, and the bitters well and strain into the cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist. Enjoy!