This is a deconstructed salad that is served at Cowboy Ciao in Phoenix, AZ. Since we left AZ six months ago, the things I miss most (aside from friends) are dishes at some of our favorites spots.
The salad in the restaurant has smoked salmon and freeze dried sweet corn. This would also be good with dried cranberries, in place of currants. Yum!
- Pesto Buttermilk Dressing:
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup aioli
- a few grinds of fresh black pepper
- 1 T lemon juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup cooked Israeli couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped arugula
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pepitas
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
Combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor until well mixed. Adjust salt and pepper for flavor.
Arrange ingredients in rows on a platter. Toss salad at the table with about 1/2 the dressing.