So I figured I needed to evolve my kids' Halloween candy bars into something more refined...yes, a pie.
The recipe obviously used Snicker Bars (even though it wasn't specifically mentioned). However, I used a mixture of candy bars -- Snickers, Milky Way, and Three Musketeers bars.
- 2 cups pretzel crumbs, finely crushed
- 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cup chopped candy bars, 1/4 inch slices (about 4 2oz bars) -- half will be used for the filling and the other half will be used as the topping
- 2/3 cup chocolate chops, semi-sweet
- 2 Tablespoons, cream
- 1/4 cup lightly salted peanuts, coarsely chopped*
- *I used sliced almonds only because that's what I had on hand
Preheat oven to 350º.
Butter pie dish.
Mix pretzels, brown sugar, and butter.
Pour into greased pie dish and press into bottom and sides, forming the crust.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool completely on a rack.
Reduce oven heat to 325º.
Cream the cheese and sugar.
Add sour cream and peanut butter and mix on low speed until blended.
Add eggs one at a time until each is incorporated.
Line the bottom of the pie crust with candy bars.
Pour filling over the candy bars and smooth the top.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the filling is set.
Cool completely and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Microwave the chocolate and cream for 30 seconds or until melted and smooth.
Drizzle chocolate over the pie** then sprinkle with the remaining candy and nuts.
**I put the chocolate in a sandwich bag, snipped the tip, and piped the chocolate onto the pie.
There are no comments. Be the first to add one.