If you want an appetizer that will leave people licking their lips, I highly recommend you try these zucchini fritters. They’re super crispy, crunchy, golden and delicious.
- 350 g of zucchini grated
- 1 egg
- 120 ml of vegetable stock
- A pinch of ground coriander
- 125 g of self-raising flour
- 1-2 sprigs of parsley roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 4 tablespoons of canola oil
1. Put the grated zucchini in a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Leave for 10 minutes so the salt starts extracting the moisture.
2. Meanwhile, whisk the egg, the stock, the ground coriander and a good pinch of salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined.
3. Then, add half of your self-raising flour and whisk until there are no lumps. Add the other half of your flour and again, whisk until smooth.
4. Now would be a good time to spend 1-2 minutes squeezing as much liquid out of the zucchini as possible. Then, add it to the fritter batter along with your parsley and stir through.
5. Get some kitchen paper on a plate ready.
6. Pre-heat a large, preferably non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Once the pan is nice and hot, add your canola oil, then add about 2 tablespoons of batter per fritter. Fry your zucchini fritters for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
7. Transfer the fritters onto kitchen paper, then continue to fry the rest of your fritters until all your batter is used up. Add more oil if you need to.
8. Serve straight away and enjoy.