An incredibly quick and easy chicken dish that you can get done in 20-30 minutes. And it’s so dang tasty that you’ll have people left, right and centre coming back for more.
- Chicken Tikka skewers (makes roughly 8-10 skewers)
- 1.25 kg of boneless chicken thighs cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 cup of natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Cucumber Raita
- 1 cucumber halved length-ways, cored and diced into centimeter cubes
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1/2 clove of garlic grated
- A pinch of ground cumin
- A pinch of ground coriander
- A pinch of salt
1. Mix all of the ingredients for the cucumber raita in a bowl. Set aside.
Chicken Tikka Skewers:
1. Put your chicken, yoghurt, lemon juice, cumin, ground coriander, garam masala, garlic powder, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper and salt in a bowl and mix everything together.
2. Marinade overnight if possible, or just continue with the recipe if you don't have the time.
3. Next, preheat the oven to 225 degrees C (435 degrees F), then switch the oven to the grill setting.
4. If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 10 minutes. This will prevent the skewers from burning in the oven.
5. Thread the chicken on your skewers, then place them on an ovenproof wire rack or on a roasting rack. Put the roasting rack over any kind of tray or roasting pan. Cook the skewers under the hot oven for about 7 minutes, take them out, turn them over/grill and then cook for another 2-3 minutes so that the chicken is coloured on both sides.
6. Serve your chicken tikka skewers with the cucumber raita.