Spicy, sweet, tangy and dang tasty chicken wings! They have an epic spice rub on them, and then they are then finished off with a honey soy-mustard glaze at the end. One of the most exciting appetisers and/or sides.
- 1.2 kg chicken wings separated if need be
- 2 spring onions chopped for garnish optional
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds for garnish optional
- The Spice Rub:
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder or garlic granules
- Honey Soy Mustard Glaze:
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- The juice from half a lemon
1. Pre-heat your oven to 210 degrees Celsius.
2. Add all of the ingredients for the spice rub into a bowl and mix the spices together. Add your chicken wings and then coat each piece of chicken in the rub.
3. Line a baking tray with baking paper, then shake off any excess spice rub as your transfer the wings on the tray evenly spread out. Bake the chicken wings in the oven for about 50 minutes turning the chicken over halfway through the cooking process.
4. Once the chicken wings are done, put all of the ingredients for the honey soy-mustard glaze in a large bowl, then whisk together until the ingredients are well combined.
5. Toss the wings in the glaze evenly coating each chicken wing, then serve in a bowl. Lastly, top with sesame seeds and spring onions for garnish.