Switch things up a bit by making your quiches with filo pastry. It makes them nice and light, and it gives that gorgeous crispy, flaky texture. If you want to make some good party food, this stress-free recipe is perfect!
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Half a leek washed then sliced
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup of cream
- 80 g of sun dried tomatoes finely chopped
- A handful of parsley chopped
- 25 g of Parmesan cheese grated
- 80 g of goats cheese (approximately)
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Carefully lay out 1 sheet of filo pastry on a flat, clean surface. Use your cooking spray to spray a light layer of oil over the filo pastry. Put another sheet of filo pastry directly over the top and then spray that sheet.
2. Keep continuing this cycle until you have 2 lots of 3 sheets of filo pastry.
3. Cut a total of 6 even squares out of each lot of layered filo pastry (leaving you with a total of 12 squares). Then fit them into your muffin tray cases. Cover with a damp cloth then set aside.
4. Use the cooking spray to grease your muffin tray. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
5. Get a frying pan over medium heat, add your olive oil, add your leeks and fry until they go translucent and soft. Turn the heat off and set aside.
6. Whisk the eggs and cream together with a pinch of salt and pepper in a large jug. Next, add your sun-dried tomatoes, sauteed leek, your chopped parsley and your grated parmesan cheese.
7. Add approximately 3/4 of a teaspoon of goats cheese in each pastry case.
8. Pour the egg mixture into the pastry cases. Or you can carefully ladle the mixture in. Try to fill each pastry case as evenly as possible.
9. Place in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown. When the mini quiches are done, gently transfer them on a board or platter and serve.