How to make the most Amazing Crispy Roasted Potatoes
Ever wondered why your roasted potatoes don’t end up like the ones in the magazines or in the cooking shows? Well, allow me to share some tips and tricks that will leave you with super crispy, crunchy roasted potatoes for any great occasion.
- 1 kg of potatoes cut into inch thick dices
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1½ tablespoons of fresh rosemary finely chopped
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius
2. Get a pot of salted water, add your potatoes, bring the water to a boil and parboil your potatoes for about 4-5 minutes, then strain them.
3. Pre-heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, then add about 1-2 tablespoons of oil. Add your potatoes and pan fry them for about 2 minutes, tossing them occasionally. (if you need to pan fry your potatoes in multiple batches then please do so).
4. Once your potatoes are lightly browned and have developed an outer layer. Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, add your rosemary and if you feel like the potatoes could use a touch more oil, add a light drizzle.
5. Transfer your potatoes to a large tray lined with baking paper, making sure each potato has its own individual space on the tray.
6. Put in the oven and roast for 40-45 minutes. Serve as soon as they are done on a large platter and enjoy.