A grilled cheese sandwich shouldn’t be difficult, but there are ways to make it amazing. This post is going to show you simple ways to make that perfect grilled cheese sandwich where the bread is golden on the outside, and the cheese is not only beautifully melted on the inside, but actually stays melted for a longer period of time.
- Sour dough bread use a serrated knife to cut 4 nice slices
- Approx. 30g of butter just for buttering the bread
- 50 g Edam cheese grated
- 50 g shredded Mozzarella
- 30 g of goats Cheese
- 1 jalapeno de-seeded and finely chopped fine
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh oregano leaves picked and roughly chopped
1. Put your Edam cheese, mozzarella, chopped oregano and chopped jalapeno in a bowl, then crumble in the goat's cheese and mix together.
2. Lightly butter both sides of the bread.
3. Put a nice generous layer of your cheese mixture on two of the slices of your buttered bread. Then place the other 2 slices on top.
4. Pre-heat a griddle pan on low-medium heat (or if you don't have one you can just use a frying pan). Then add your sandwiches to start toasting them.
5. Spend a few seconds just firmly pressing down on the sandwich just to flatten it a bit but don't squash it.
6. After about 2-3 minutes, until the bread has gone golden brown on the first side, flip the sandwiches and the toast off the other side for the same amount of time. Make sure you check to see that the bread is golden and the cheese has melted, then take the sandwiches out of the pan and transfer to a board. Cut through the sandwiches diagonally, then serve asap while the cheese is still hot and melted inside.