Your mad if you don’t like a crispy, crunchy and super tasty hash brown that takes no longer than 30 minutes to prepare. Treat yourself for breakfast or brunch and try these hash browns!
- 500 g of peeled red potatoes grated (you can also use a different kind of waxy potato)
- Plenty of Canola oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 25 g of butter
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees C (360F)
2. Put a colander over a large bowl, then put the grated potato in the colander.
3. Add a pinch of salt and a splash of oil to the potato and leave for a minute or 2.
4. Spend some time squeezing as much moisture out of the potato as you can.
5. Add your smoked paprika, a touch more salt and a good pinch of pepper then mix through.
6. Preheat a medium-sized frying pan over high heat, then add about 2 tablespoons of canola oil and your butter.
7. Lay your grated potato out in the pan evenly, turn the heat down to about medium, then let the potato brown for 6-7 minutes on the first side.
8. Put a plate over the pan, carefully but confidently turn the hash brown out onto the plate, put the pan back over the heat, add a touch more oil and then gently slide the hash brown back into the pan and cook on the other side for another 5-6 minutes.
9. Gently slide the hash brown out onto a tray lined with baking paper, or just put it straight in the oven of your pan is oven-proof. Cook for10 minutes in the oven.
10. Once the hash brown is crispy and golden brown on both sides, serve it with whatever else you like. Eggs, bacon, BBQ sauce etc.