Lemon and poppyseed are one of my favourite combinations to have in a cake or muffin in the case. I decided to amp it up this time with coconut!
- 200 g of self raising flour
- 2 lemons zested
- 200 g caster sugar
- 200 g unsalted butter softened
- 4 eggs
- 200 g yogurt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 100 g desiccated coconut
- 25 g poppy seeds
- 220 g icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. (350 degrees C)
2. Get a 12 case muffin tray and place 12 paper muffin cases into the tray.
3. Cream/beat the butter and sugar until the mixture is pale and fluffy.
4. Add your eggs one at a time beating on each occasion. Next, add your yoghurt and beat through.
5. Sift in your self-raising flour and add your vanilla, poppy seeds, coconut, lemon zest and then gently fold through.
6. Get a tablespoon and spoon the mixture evenly into each muffin case.
7. Bake your muffins for 25-30 minutes until the muffins are golden on top and cooked through. (you can use a skewer to poke through a muffin and if it comes out clean, the muffins are cooked).
8. Whisk the lemon juice and the icing sugar together until there are no lumps and the icing sugar has dissolved. Drizzle the icing over your delicious muffins.
9. Serve and enjoy!