(1) You can use bone or beef rib instead of pork rib. (2) Since rib or bone always comes in more than 1 lb. you can cut them & boil them all and save the unused portion in the refrigerator for future use. (3) The bean in the soup has to be very soft to have a yummy taste, and canned white beans are not as soft as I prefer them to be so I cook the canned beans with the ribs for 5 minutes to let the rib juice penetrate into the beans. (4) I enjoy the beans in the soup than the rib.
- 1-1 1/2 lb pork rib, cut into chunks
- 2 cans of white bean, no need to drain
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup of fresh ginger, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
1. Place pork rib in a pot with water over it & bring it to a boil in a medium high heat. Then drain, rinse ribs & set aside.
2. Wash pot & fill with 4-5 cups water, add rib, ginger & carrot to it.
3. Bring it to a boil over medium heat. Then cook for 1 hour in medium low heat.
4. Pour in white beans & cook for 5 minutes over low heat. Make sure the beans are very soft.
5. Add salt & pepper to taste.
6. Put soup into a bowl and top with cilantro.