A quick and heart dinner for a cold winter night
- 1 pack (2) Johnsonville smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small fresh tomato chopped
- 1 can of white bean, drained
- 1 can of pork & bean, drained
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth (optional)
- 1/4 cup of green onion, chopped (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste (optional)
1. Heat oil over medium heat.
2. Brown the sliced sausage and put aside.
3. Add the shopped onion until it is brownish.
4. Add garlic until light brown. (Don't overcook it.)
5. Add chopped tomato and cook for a few seconds.
6. Stir in the cooked sliced sausage.
7. Add chicken broth.
8. Add beans, stir, and bring the mixture to boil.
9. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
10. Salt & pepper to taste. (Tastes okay with no added salt.)