This is a wild Alaskan Pacific Cod I got it at Costco. It is trimmed, boneless, skinless & individually vacuum-packed in 5-8 OZ in a 32 OZ (2-LBs) bag. It doesn't taste a bit of fishy at all. For people who doesn't like fish or fishy smell, cod is a good choice for your diet to include healthy protein.
- 1 5-8 oz cod, soak in Teriyaki sauce & put aside
- 4 mushrooms, washed & sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper, washed & sliced
- 6 green onions, washed & cut in sections
- 1/8 cup of grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup of Teriyaki source
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of corn starch mix in 3/4 cup of water
1. Turn stove on to medium high
2. Pour half of the oil into a frying pan
3. Lightly coat cod with starch
4. Place cod in pan slowly & cook for 3-4 min.
5. Using a spatula, turn over cod.
6. Low heat to medium low & put in garlic, ginger
7. Cover the frying pan & cook for another 3 min.
8. Pick up the fried fish & put it in a plate
9. Using the same pan, put in the remaining oil
10. Put in mushroom, pepper & green onion
11. Stir a few seconds & turn heat down to low
12. Add starch, left over teriyaki sauce & stir
13. Add more water or teriyaki sauce if needed
14. Stir & bring the source to your taste
15. Pour the sauce over cod in the plate