Leeks are an excellent vegetable that we should eat more often if not daily. It plays a direct role in protecting our blood vessels and blood cells from oxidative damage. Leeks are related to garlic, onions, shallots,and scallions, but it has a mild onion-like taste.
Note: 1. Be sure to cover the pan when cooking the fish because it splashes. 2. When Red pepper over-cooked, it turns to black color and it will give you a bitter taste.
- 1 piece of 6 oz salmon socked in seasoning mix
- 1 leek washed & sliced in small pieces
- 3 fresh mushroom (optional) washed and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 small hot red pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh ginger
- Salt, pepper & sugar
1. Seasoning mix: combine oil, lemon juice, ginger, salt, pepper, little sugar & mix them up
2. Put salmon in a plate and rub the seasoning mixture over it & set aside for 10 min.
3. Turn on oven to a medium high heat
4. Pour in 1 tablespoon of oil over a non-stick frying pan & bring it to warm
5. Place the salmon skin-side up, covered & cook for 4 min.
6. Turn over the fish & cook the other side of fish, covered, for 3 min
7. Pick up the fish and place in a plate
8. Don't wash the pan, pour in the remaining oil
9. Put in the red pepper to the oil first for ONLY a few seconds then put in leeks (Mushroom), and stir for less then 1 min when it becomes tender
10. Add salt, pepper to taste
11. Pick up the cooked leeks and put it next to the fish in the plate.