This one comes from my mom, who would make these on Sunday nights as we'd watch the Vikings on TV. They look like mini-pizzas, they remind you of burgers, but they have a flavor all their own!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can of Spam
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 cups of spaghetti sauce
- 2-3 cups of grated mozzerella cheese
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bag of hamburger buns
1. Brown the hamburger, then drain the fat and remove the meat from heat, allowing it to cool.
2. Grind or grate the spam.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, spam, salt, sage and oregano. Stir until blended.
4. Add the spaghetti sauce, cheese, and parsley to the mix. Stir until blended.
5. Separate the tops and bottoms of the buns and lay both face-up on a baking sheet. Spoon the meat/cheese mixture onto the buns. Your ratio of meat to bun should be about equal.
6. Bake at 425º for 12-15 or until the mixture begins to brown and look crispy on the top.
7. Loosen the buns from the pan and allow to cool.
8. Turn on TV, find football game, eat and enjoy!