This is my favorite soup when I'm sick, but I don't always want to go out to my favorite thai joint to pick it up. Imagine my surprise when I found a decent starter at the grocery store. It's not quite as good as the real-deal - - but it's not far off! (and please note this recipe has NO mushrooms - cause I can't stand 'em!)
- 1 box Pacific Organic Tom Yum Soup Base
- 2 chicken breast, chopped
- 1/2 medium sized onion, chopped
- 1 medium sized tomato, chiopped
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- 1 green onion, chopped (optional)
- cilantro to taste, chopped (optional)
1. Lightly oil a saute pan and saute the chicken and onions together
2. In a medium-sized sauce pan, set the soup base to simmer.
3. Add the chicken, onion and tomatoes to the soup base
4. Set the heat to medium
5. Add jalapeno, green onion, and cilantro
6. When hot, serve and eat. NOM!