Texas style queso con carne cheese dip.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 3 serranos, seeded and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped, about ½ cup
- 12 ounces Mexican chorizo
- 2 pounds Velveeta, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ -3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- ¼ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Tortilla chips for serving
In a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute the chiles and onion with the chorizo, until vegetables are soft and chorizo is cooked, about 5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to low and add Velveeta cubes and stir until Velveeta has melted and is smooth and creamy. Slowly add milk if the queso is too thick. Add as much or as little as you like to achieve your perfect consistency.
Add canned tomatoes and cilantro and stir to combine. Serve with tortillas chips.