- 6 chicken thighs (bone-in, skin removed)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 28-oz can chopped, diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1 cauliflower, cored and cut 1/2" thick
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and cut in half
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Brown the chicken, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken and set aside.
Add onion, garlic, and thyme to the pot. Cook until the onion takes on color. Add tomatoes and any juice. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the chicken back to the pot. (If necessary, add water or chicken stock to barely cover the chicken.) Simmer for 20 minutes.
Add the cauliflower and olives. Simmer for another 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender. Stir in the parsley.
Top with feta and serve with crusty bread.