- 3 lbs lamb shoulder cut in 2" chunks
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 yellow onions cut into 1/8th wedges
- 6 carrots cut into 2" pieces
- 1 quart beef broth
- 1 bottle Guinness Extra Stout
- 1 sprig thyme
- 3 russet potatoes peeled cut into 2" chunks
Pat the lamb dry.
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Brown the meat on all sides, working in batches. Set the meat aside.
In the same pot, add the onions and carrots. Cook until lightly browned.
Add the meat back to the pot. Add the broth, beer, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour. Add the potatoes and cook until tender.
Serve over mashed potatoes.