roasted brussels sprouts and grapes with farro
Roasted grapes! What a delicious surprise.
- 1/2 cup semipearled farro
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 lb seedless red grapes
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425°.
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add farro and simmer for about 15 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, toss the brussels sprouts, grapes, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet, positioning the brussels sprouts cut side down. Roast for 15 minutes.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, stirring to coat, and roast until the brussels sprouts are tender (about 15 minutes).
Toss with farro and walnuts.