You know you want it.
- 4 slices thick bacon
- 1 dozen cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 slice whole wheat bread
- 2 handfuls baby spinach or chopped romaine
- 1 avocado, cubed or sliced (optional)
- fresh ground pepper
Cook the bacon over medium heat. When it crisps, remove the bacon and set aside.
Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook just until they take on some color. Remove the tomatoes and set aside.
Remove from heat. In the same pan, remove all but a tablespoon or so of fat. Add the garlic and cook in the residual heat. Transfer garlic and fat to a bowl. Whisk in mayonnaise and vinegar.
Spread some mayo on the bread and toast. Chop into pieces.
Plate the greens. Add the tomatoes. Crumble the bacon on top. Drizzle with mayo-vinegar dressing. Top with bread, avocado, and pepper to taste.