A chocolate cookie crust lined with pure dark chocolate, cradling a pumpkin pie. A super tasty crowd pleaser. Usually I drizzle chocolate using a small funnel... but I could not find the funnel so today I just spread the chocolate on the pie.
- chocolate crust:
- 1 C flour
- 1/4 C + 1 T sugar
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/2 C cold unsalted butter, pieces
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 can/15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 3/4 C firmly packed lt. brown sugar
- 8 oz creme fraiche
- 3 large eggs
- 1 t cinn.
- 1 t ginger
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 oz best quality semisweet choc
1. combine flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, cinnamon and butter, mix on low speed until butter is size of small peas, about 5 min. add egg, mix until forms dough.
2. preheat oven to 350. floured surface, roll out dough to just thicker than 1/8 inch. 10-inch tart pan, prick all over with fork. chill until firm, about 30 min.
3. bake shell until firm, about 15 min. sprinkle chocolate over bottom of shell, smooth with spatula.
1. preheat oven to 350. whisk together pump, brn sugar, cr. fr., eggs, cinn, ginger and salt until smooth.
2. bake until set, about 40 min. transfer to wire rack, cool at lst 30 min.
3. melt chocolate with some heavy cream (or pure, in a double boiler), drizzle over tart. refrigerate until well set, at least 1 hour, up to 1 day.