Baked Mac and Cheese with Mushrooms and Baby Broccoli
easy, relatively fast, more healthful than your basic mac and cheese, but still delivers that comfort-food feeling.
- 12 ounces uncooked bowtie pasta
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1.5 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1.5 ounces shredded swiss cheese
- 3 T grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 stalks baby broccoli
- 6 large white mushrooms
- 1/2 white onion
- olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; place in a large bowl.
3. Meanwhile, chop and saute the onion, broccoli and mushrooms in a pan with some olive oil.
4. Toss the vegetable mixture and the pasta together with the three cheeses and some salt and pepper.
5. Spoon mixture into an 9x11-inch glass or ceramic baking dish.
6. Top with 3T grated parmesan. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
7. Broil pasta 1 minute or until top browns.