These are a good (and much more healthy) quesadilla alternative--quick, tasty, easy. They're a cross between a taco and an enchilada, baked in the oven. You can make it in a mini-loaf pan or a mega-muffin pan, or medium-sized ramekins.
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 large portobellos, diced (or 16 oz button mushrooms, chopped)
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese, divided
- cooking spray
- 1-2 avocados, diced
- 4-6 grape tomatoes, quartered
- store bought salsa verde
1. preheat the oven to 450.
2. saute the red onion, zucchini and mushrooms in some canola oil until tender.
3. toss sauted vegetables in a large bowl with the spinach and 1/2 C cheese.
4. heat the tortillas on a stove and then press them into the mega-muffin or mini-loaf cups. fill each cup with vegetable mixture. top with extra cheese. bake for 7 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. mix together the avocado and grape tomatoes with 2 T salsa verde. Spoon over baked cups. serve.