a quick and easy alternative to pesto.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup rinsed and drained cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 ripe peeled avocado
- parmesan for garnish
- sauteed mushrooms or chopped tomatoes for topping.
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Drain pasta.
2. Combine reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid, spinach, and next 9 ingredients (through avocado) in a food processor; process until smooth. Combine pasta and spinach mixture; toss to coat. Top with mushrooms or tomatoes and some grated parmesan.