tasty / healthy vegetarian lo mein, ready in 30 minutes. you can use pretty much any combination of vegetables.
- 8 cups water
- 6 ounces refrigerated fresh linguine, fresh Chinese egg noodles, or dried soba
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 6 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 5 ounce shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 5 ounce button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add noodles; cook as directed on the package. Drain.
Combine stock and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add tofu; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Remove tofu from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, mushrooms, and zucchini to pan; cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cabbage and soy sauce; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add stock mixture and edamame to pan; cook 3 minutes. Add noodles and tofu; toss to combine. Divide tofu mixture among 4 shallow bowls.