Gingery Lime Coconut Brussels Sprouts Curry Thing
this is a delicious thing that happened when i had a strange selection of foods to work with. it's easy, it's tasty, it only takes about 30 minutes to make and you will not regret your labors. it tastes like a Thai lemongrass soup.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or other oil)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (water would be fine too)
- 1 13-ounce can light coconut milk
- Juice of one small lime
- Jasmine rice for serving
Preheat a 4 quart pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion in the oil until onions are lightly browned. Add the brussels sprouts and cook until they are lightly seared. Add the broccoli and carrots and continue sauteing until tender.
Pour the coconut milk into a skillet and add the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes. Cook until about to boil, then add to the vegetable mixture. Also add the vegetable broth and lime juice to the mixture, salt to taste.
Serve over rice.