easy, yummy and quick pasta, all in one pan, so very little clean-up. all good!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 8 ounces presliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 cups chopped artichoke hearts (canned or frozen & thawed)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fresh fettuccine
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to pan; cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add stock, artichokes, salt, pepper, tomatoes, and pasta to pan, and bring to a boil. Stir to combine. Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until pasta is tender. Dot pasta mixture evenly with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses.
3. Place pan under broiler. Broil mixture 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle evenly with basil.