only takes 20 minutes to make and it is tasty!
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped, white and green parts divided
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1.5 ounces pecorino Romano cheese, grated (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Return pasta and 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid to pan. Cover and keep warm over low heat.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add asparagus; sauté 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in white parts of green onions and garlic; cook 30 seconds. Add wine; cook 1 minute. Add asparagus mixture, salt, and pepper to pasta mixture. Stir in remaining 2 teaspoons oil, remaining green onions, butter, and cheese. Stir in pistachios and mint.