- 1 package (14 1/2 ounces) firm tofu, drained, cut crosswise into 6 slabs (about 3/4 inch wide), each slab halved horizontally and cut into triangles
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli, stalks trimmed, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch rounds, florets separated into bite-size pieces
- Coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 cup rice
Cook the rice.
Saute tofu in vegetable oil in wok or large skillet, allowing sides to brown lightly (10 minutes or so). Meanwhile, cook broccoli (stalks and florets) in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green, 2 minutes. Drain; set aside.
Make the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, red-pepper flakes, garlic. Set aside.
Add broccoli and peanuts to tofu skillet; cook over high heat, stirring often, until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk sauce to combine; pour into pan. Stir to coat, about 1 minute more.
Serve over rice.