These are the tastiest chocolate cupcakes I've had, and they're super easy to make. I recommend topping them with my Spicy Cinnamon Frosting. But a sprinkle of powdered sugar will work, and they're great on their own, too!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa--I use 1/2 C regular and 1/4 C dark chocolate, but anything works
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) or line with paper bake cups.
2. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, water, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes (batter will be thin). Fill cups 2/3 full with batter.
3. Bake 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove cupcakes from pan. Cool completely.
I recommend topping these with my Spicy Cinnamon Frosting. But a sprinkle of powdered sugar will also work, and they're great on their own, too!