orecchiette with asparagus, green onions and parmesan
the fresh parsley, pepper flakes and parmesan make this a tasty and quick dish.
- 6 oz orecchiette
- 2/3 C reserved pasta water (save some of the water that you cook the pasta in)
- medium onion, chopped
- 10-15 asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch segments
- 5 large cremini mushrooms or baby bellas, chopped
- 2-3 T chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 t red pepper flakes
- 1/4 C chopped green onions
- 2-4 t grated parmesan
1. cook the orecchiette according to package instructions. remember to reserve some of the cooking fluid when you drain the pasta.
2. saute the onions for 1-2 minutes, then add the asparagus and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute until the asparagus is cooked but still firm. Turn off heat and add pepper flakes and parsley, stir.
3. add the cooked orecchiette and 1/2 to 2/3 pasta water to the vegetable mixture, top with 1-2 t parmesan, and saute until all is incorporated and the sauce has thickened a bit.
4. top with green onions and extra parmesan and serve.