if you are a good multi-tasker, you can have this thing ready in 30 minutes. it's tasty, simple, fast. and you can use any combination of vegetables you like.
- 3/4 cup uncooked pasta (i used rotini)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks (about 2)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 T fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 t dried thyme
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, divided
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
2. While pasta cooks, heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil; swirl to coat. Add leeks, onions, zucchini, garlic and salt; sauté 5 minutes. Add stock, water and thyme. Cover; bring to a boil. Add peas and beans, and simmer, uncovered, 4 minutes. Stir in pasta, 1 T lemon juice and 1 cup spinach.
3. Place 1 cup spinach, basil, cheese, rind, 1 T lemon juice and 2 teaspoons oil in a food processor; process until smooth. Divide soup among 4 bowls; top with pesto.