tabouleh weighing a bit more toward veggie than grain, but still the basic bulgur and parsley mix. don't leave out the mint!
- 1 c bulgur, soaked for 30 minutes in 2 C water
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2-3 oz feta, crumbled or chopped
- 1 t paprika
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chipped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 T olive oil
- salt and pepper
mix the soaked bulgar with all the chopped vegetables, feta and paprika and 1/2 of the lemon juice (1/8 cup). let sit for 30 minutes or until the bulgur is soft enough to serve. toss together the remaining lemon juice with the olive oil and some salt and pepper, dress and toss the tabouleh and serve.