I couldn't find red cabbage at TJ's, so sugar snap peas were substituted. I also took the liberty of marinating the chicken with miso, sake, and sugar. Turned out quite tasty.
- 3/4 pound gluten-free soba (Japanese buckwheat noodles)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy or tamari sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 pound shredded cooked chicken
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 1/4 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook soba according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil, sugar, garlic, and ginger.
2. Drain soba, rinse with cold water, and drain again. Transfer to bowl with soy mixture and toss. Add chicken, scallions, and cabbage and toss to combine.