This corn pudding rocked my world, super corn-y tasting and creamy. It's going in permanent rotation.
- Butter for pan
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (3 to 4 ears)
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini cut into 1/4-inch dice (3 to 4 slender zucchini)
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees with a rack positioned in the center. Butter a 9-inch casserole.
2. Place the corn and zucchini in a bowl and toss with the flour to evenly cover. Spread into the casserole.
3. Wipe the bowl clean and combine the eggs and yolks and whisk briefly. Add the cream and salt and whisk until fully incorporated. Pour over the vegetables.
4. Bake about 1 hour, until lightly browned on top; it should feel like a firm pillow. Allow to cool 10 to 15 minutes before serving.