- * 1/2 baguette, sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 20 slices)
- * 4 tablespoons olive oil
- * Coarse salt and ground pepper
- * 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2 lemons)
- * 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan, plus more, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- * 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- * 2 anchovy fillets
- * 1 garlic clove
- * 8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled, 4 yolks reserved, remaining whites and eggs cut into bite-size pieces
- * 2 heads romaine lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lay baguette slices on a large rimmed baking sheet. Brush bread on both sides with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Bake until golden, 10 to 15 minutes, turning over halfway through; let croutons cool on baking sheet.
2. In a blender, combine lemon juice, Parmesan, mayonnaise, anchovies, garlic, 4 reserved hard-cooked egg yolks, and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper; blend dressing until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, gently toss together lettuce, croutons, dressing, shaved Parmesan, and remaining whites and eggs.