I made this batch of beer on Memorial Day 2011, it's been kegged for a week or so and is changing my life.
- 24lbs Belgian Pilsner Malt
- 12oz Munich Malt
- 1lb Belgian Aromatic Malt
- 1lb Belgian Biscuit Malt
- 2 oz Kent Goldings - Bittering - 60 minutes (pellets)
- 2 oz Cascade (whole) - Aroma - 15 minutes
- 3lbs Clear Begian Candi Syrup
- Whitelabs Trappist
- Whitelabs Abbey Ale
1. Step mash the milled grains starting at 120F for 30 minutes.
2. Heat to 145F and let sit for another 30 minutes.
3. Raise heat to 150F-155F for the remaining 30-45 minutes.
4. Heat 3 gallons of water to 170F.
5. Bring mash up to 165F.
6. Sparge baby sparge.
7. Cool wort to 80F
8. Pitch both yeast, yes I said both in primary.